Proposal Submission Guidelines
How to Submit a Proposal through E²SHI
Step 1: Let us know you’re planning to submit an application!
As soon as you determine you want to submit a proposal through E²SHI, send a brief summary with the below information to E²SHI’s Senior Research Service Analyst, Sean Carr, at email@example.com. The summary can be included directly in the email body.
- Link to the RFA (or similar announcement)
- Include names of the principal investigator and if apply, the research team members. Please include title, department and school for each person.
- A brief description of the proposed research project and how it relates to one of E²SHI’s areas (environment, energy, sustainability and/or health)
This will give us a chance to ask questions if necessary and to provide us a sense of what to expect when the full application is submitted. If your project is water related, see the FAQs for important information.
E²SHI requests all materials to be submitted to us 14 days in advance of the application deadline. We will thoroughly examine the application materials for you to make sure all required materials are included and the budget is balanced.
Materials to attach with your proposals:
- Names of all related personnel, their percentages (effort and/or salary) their contact information and a brief bio for each person
- Project summary
- Project budget
- Other supplementary materials
- Completed checklist
- Face pages
- Cover sheets
- Routing sheets
All materials should be sent electronically to Sean Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org. If necessary, mail materials to:
Attn: Sean Carr
3400 N. Charles St, Ames Hall 313
Baltimore, MD 21218
For questions related to submitting an application or following a submission, contact Sean Carr at email@example.com or 410-516-7093.
For questions about E²SHI, its research priorities, or how to become an Associate (E²SHI’s research network), contact Katie Igrec at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-516-7326.