US Green Building Council: LEED Energy Specialist
The US Green Building Council (USGBC), a nonprofit based in Washington, DC, seeks a new team member to join the department responsible for the technical development and programmatic support of the LEED green building rating systems. The Energy Specialist collaborates with volunteers, serving as staff liaison to the Energy & Atmosphere Technical Advisory Group (EA TAG) and the GBCI and will also serve as a project manager and team member to a diverse set of projects in the LEED department. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to obtain LEED Accredited Professional credential within 9 months of hire.
- Two or more years of work experience in relevant field.
- Basic understanding of two or more of the following areas: HVAC design, building energy modeling, energy efficiency, renewable energy, building commissioning, or carbon accounting.
- Basic understanding of building design and construction process and/or building operations.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to distill complex technical information into succinct, clear language.
- Commitment to USGBC’s mission.