Hewlett Foundation: Program Associate, Environment
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation seeks a Program Associate to support the Western Conservation Program Officer. The Foundation is a nonpartisan, private charitable foundation based in San Francisco, CA that advances ideas and supports institutions to promote a better world. The Environment Program focuses on three issue areas: climate change and energy policy, western conservation policy, and environmental issues affecting poor communities in the San Francisco Bay Area.
This individual manages the administrative aspects of the grantmaking process, communicates with grantees regarding proposals, budgets, and grant reports, and assists with scheduling and other duties. The Program Associate may be assigned from time to time to research issues, programs, and organizations to assess their potential fit with Hewlett Foundation funding strategies or other special projects as needed.
- Strong administrative and project management skills and experience, including the ability to plan and manage projects both independently and with colleagues.
- Proven organizational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet tight, sometimes simultaneous, deadlines with a keen ability to prioritize and partner with others to meet common goals.
- Proven ability to work as a strong, contributing member of a team to deliver philanthropic services in a clear, efficient, collegial manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced experience in MS office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
- Experience in web-based document management tools and practices.
- Proficiency with problem solving, analysis and applying appropriate level of judgment.
- Experience with grants processing and grants database an asset.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and a commitment to being part of and building a positive work environment.
- Sets high standards for performance.
- Associate degree desired, bachelor’s degree preferred.