US Green Building Council: Community Programs Intern
The US Green Building Council's (USGBC) Community Advancement team seeks an intern to support the development and implementation of several programs key to delivering on USGBC’s mission at the regional, state and local level.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, flexibility in working with a variety of internal and external partners, ability to work against hard deadlines, creativity in problem solving, and a friendly but assertive disposition. This individual will have a front row seat to the many facets of a national community engagement and market development effort.
Education & training requirements/preferences:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program of study required. Graduate level students desired.
- Degree or specialty in business, nonprofit management, communications (or relevant experience) preferred
- Demonstrated experience in grassroots initiatives and/or community organizing
- Strong organizational, leadership and project management skills
- Knowledge and experience in working on sustainability initiatives preferred
Other required skills & qualifications
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with diverse interests across all levels of the organization
- Strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and manage large amounts of information and data
- Flexibility and ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to take on responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Creative problem solving and go-getter attitude, seeks process and program improvement
- Comfort with use of technology, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of chapter/component relations in an education/advocacy context helpful
- Works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Commitment to USGBC mission