Straughan Environmental Inc: Environmental Design Intern
Straughan Environmental, Inc. is a rapidly growing, woman-owned business based in Columbia, MD that provides high-quality and cost-effective environmental consulting services to a wide variety of clients in the government and private sectors. Straughan is currently seeking a talented and motivated Environmental Design Intern to join its Environmental Design Team.
- Must be available for full work days.
- A registered student at a university majoring in either Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Completed all sophomore level engineering coursework
- CAD experience, preferably MicroStation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability and eagerness to perform field work such as wetland and stream delineations, geomorphic assessments, traffic noise data collection, and general business support tasks. Fieldwork may involve walking through wooded areas, working alongside of roadways and carrying field equipment.
- Relevant experience
- Contributing member of student and/or professional organizations
Desired start date: 5/22/2017
Duration: Summer 2017. Possibility for internship to continue through Fall 2017 Semester.
Approximate Hours Per Week: Can vary between 0 and 40