The Johns Hopkins Environment, Energy, Sustainability, and Health Institute (E²SHI) aims to coordinate and encourage innovative research and teaching that address the health and sustainability problems we face as a result of the changing global environment and to establish integrated approaches that cut across disciplines and divisions.
The overall goals of the Institute are to:
- Establish Johns Hopkins University as a world leader in, and provide a single point of contact for, integrative approaches to global environmental change, sustainability, and their related health challenges
- Promote the development of interdisciplinary research collaborations and proposals
- Stimulate enhancement and coordination of environmental curricula at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Facilitate translation of research into sound policy
- Develop collaborative partnerships with the business sector, federal, state, and local agencies, environmental groups, and Baltimore community organizations